Monday, May 5, 2008

Precious Cargo

I was carrying my 10 month old daughter today at the commissary and my wife asked if I had a good hold on her. She said that I better because I was holding her Precious Cargo.

Like I don't know that!

Seeing this little girl is the brightest point of my day. She is what I work for. I can't wait to get home after work so I can hold her and play with her. Her smile is contagious.

Being a veteran and being deployed often as a servicemember, I know that being away from home is hard. Being away from a spouse is difficult, but being away from a child is even harder.

My brother-in-law is in Iraq right now and my sister is home watching my niece and nephew. It's hard on her being a so-called single parent right now. But its equally hard on my brother-in-law.

They have come up with a great solution to stay connected. It's not for all servicemembers, but in his case it works because of his MOS. He has a few extra minutes to call home. He HAS to see and hear his Precious Cargo!

Yahoo has a great call out program that is cheap, cheap, cheap! Click here to check it out. The servicemember down range can call home from PC to PC. It's absolutely fantastic.

Other services that you may want to look into are Gizmo Project and Skype.

Good luck and stay active,

Marc

No comments: