Tuesday, September 9, 2008

8,000 Troops to Leave Iraq

I'll believe it when I see it.

Good news is that it is a step in the right direction (if you want your family member home - which we all do).

My brother-in-law is currently in Iraq. He has two children and my sister at home... and I hate it.

I hate it because they need him. I hate it because he is in harm's way on a daily basis.

But I love him for volunteering to go to the desert to take care of business and to protect our way of life (whatever that means).

Pulling a total of 8,000 troops home as announced by President Bush is only good IF the reduction in violence stops totally. If America controls a city, then the city is protected. Leave that city and it becomes the wild west again.

I have no answers.

But I do hope that one of the 8,000 coming home is YOUR troop.

God bless.

Marc

No comments: